- First check that the glazing sheet is the correct size by offering it up to the window. Please note: if for any reason you need to trim the sheet this can be done using a fine-toothed wood saw or by planing. Make sure that your saw is sharp and that the sheet is well supported during any cutting operation.
- On one side of the sheet peel back the 4 edges of the surface protection film by 5 cm (two inches.)
- Cut four lengths of the grooved magnetic tape to the lengths of the sides of the panels. Removing the film backing on the tape as you go, fit it to the outer edge of the sheet so that there is a continuous strip of tape around the edge of the sheet. Butt the edges up to each other - do not overlap the tape as a uniform thickness is needed to give a good seal to the window frame.
- Cut four pieces of the magnetic tape with the white foam adhesive to match the grooved ones on the sheet and place these on top of the grooved tape so that the tapes are held together by magnetic attraction.
- Clean the surface around the window frame that you will be sticking the magnetic tape to using methylated spirits or a similar degreaser.
- Slowly remove the surface protection film from the side of the sheet with the magnetic tapes. If you do it quickly it creates static and dust will fly to it.
- Remove the blue film backing from the tape.
- Line up the panel against the frame using supports where necessary - or better still - an extra pair of hands!
- When you are sure you have the panel exactly where you want it, apply light pressure to stick it to the surface of the frame. Now run around the edge applying as much pressure as possible. You can do this simply with your fingers - or use a narrow wallpaper roller.
- Finally remove the surface protection film from the outside of the sheet. Again we advise that you do this slowly to minimise any static electricity.
Assembly and Fitting Guidelines for Dark Wooden Frames
We advise that you read these instructions through before you begin installation. If you have any questions please feel free to contact us either by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone on 01536 446398. Each glazing sheet is protected on both surfaces by a self-adhesive film. Leave these protective films in place until you are ready to fit the panel - it will protect the sheet surface from scratches as you handle it. The self-adhesive magnetic tape comes in two types. One has a groove down the centre and the other has a foam backing. Both are easily cut with scissors or a craft knife. The adhesive side of the magnetic tapes are covered by a removable film.